The VR-based driving behaviour of an industrial waste truck course checks that truck drivers follow safety procedures when loading, driving and unloading.
Driving an industrial waste truck requires a lot of attention, the control of the vehicle and the compliance of safety rules. Such a big vehicle can be dangerous for the other smaller vehicle or pedestrians.
For most people, the possible risk related to bad behavior are understood after having lived it. Indeed, an individual retains 20% of what he heard, and he retains 90% of what he felt. So, with VR your employees confront road risks related to a bad behavior driving an industrial waste truck in a virtual environment. Statistics in real-time are available to identify mistake in order to solve it, ensure the change and work in better conditions
The Truck Loading/Unloading course is designed to promote your company's safety policy and aims to minimize work-related accidents.
• Check that they have understood the safety instructions at each step in the process: wearing of personal protective equipment (PPE), truck inspection, behavior behind the wheel and analysis of the risks that they are likely to encounter (seat belt, phones, blind spots, etc.), procedure for loading and unloading industrial waste.
• Experience a virtual simulation of an accident and its consequences.
For the company:
• Highlight and reproduce potentially hazardous situations and thereby alert workers to such risks.
• Ensure that employees follow procedures.
• Analyze and measure how employees react to such hazardous situations.
• Improve how trainees behave in such situations and focus their attention.
• Fully engage trainees with the different situations and make them active participants in the training course.
• Experienced and novice truck drivers
A Virtual Reality headset such as HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, or Windows Mixed Reality compatible (Samsung Odyssey, Dell Visor, HP Windows Mixed Reality…), connected to a VR Ready PC. With an Internet connection, you can view your reports and update your courses.
Want to find out more?
Play learn and improve your EHS knowledge.