The VR-based driving behaviour of a Refuse Truck course offers another way of alerting your drivers to the risks involved during their waste collection runs.
• Active learning where trainees remember 90%* of what they do
• Real-time statistics on the procedural errors made
• Innovative management tool for debriefing and leading change
The Driving Behaviour - Refuse truck course is designed to promote your company's safety policy and aims to minimize work-related accidents when drivers are collecting refuse. According to the French National Research and Safety Institute (INRS), "Driving as part of their job exposes employees to occupational risks, the highest of which is road traffic accidents, which account for over 20% of fatal work-related accidents".
• Identify, evaluate and avoid high-risk situations when driving a refuse truck as part of a simulation featuring various hazardous situations, such as blind spots, collisions with pedestrians, etc.
• Ensure waste collector safety when picking up refuse and driving the truck.
• Move about the site by following the safety instructions and procedures.
• Experience a virtual simulation of an accident and its consequences.
For the company:
• Reduce the frequency rate of road accidents during waste collection runs.
• Highlight and reproduce potentially hazardous situations and thereby alert employees to such risks.
• Ensure that employees follow procedures when driving.
• Raise awareness and produce a long-term influence on behavior with virtual reality.
• Novice and experienced refuse truck drivers
All you need in your training room is a PC with a VR headset (such as HTC Vive, HP, DELL or ASUS). With an Internet connection, you can view your reports and update your courses.
Want to find out more?
Play learn and improve your EHS knowledge.