The VR based Lift Maintenance training makes your teams aware of the risks related to climatic conditions and the environment and validates compliance with procedures by putting them in situation on how to make decisions on actions to take in case of an incident during the user landing and during the verification of lift machinery on the ski trails.
Ski lifts are means of transport very used in ski station (we count 573 millions of passage during the 2017/2018 season). Some passage can be dangerous because of the panic of the users when they land, their bad position on the seat or when one of their equipment fall down. For these reasons, it is necessary to know perfectly the safety procedures to make an operation around the ski trails.
For most people, the possible risk related to bad behavior are understood after having lived it. Indeed, an individual retains 20% of what he heard, and he retains 90% of what he felt. So, with VR your employees confront risks related to the non-compliance of the safety procedures when operating on ski trails in a virtual environment. Statistics in real-time are available to identify mistake in order to solve it, ensure the change and work in better conditions.
• Validate the understanding of safety instructions at each stage of the required tasks, and validate that the right IPEs have been taken and that the right intervention tools have been used.
• Remain focused, follow instructions and procedures to validate your own safety
• Experience a virtual simulation of an accident and its consequences in extreme weather conditions.
For the company:
• Train new hires and alert them to the risks and difficulties involved in working at height in extreme weather conditions.
• Expose your employees to virtual hazardous situations that cannot be simulated in real life.
• Ensure that employees follow procedures related to the maintenance of ski lifts on the trails.
• Improve how trainees behave in such situations and focus their attention.
• Fully engage trainees with the different situations and make them active participants in the training course.
• All maintenance technicians who are required to work on ski trails
A Virtual Reality headset such as HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, or Windows Mixed Reality compatible (Samsung Odyssey, Dell Visor, HP Windows Mixed Reality…), connected to a VR Ready PC. With an Internet connection, you can view your reports and update your courses.
Want to find out more?
Play learn and improve your EHS knowledge.