Developed with expert advice from Air Liquide
The VR-based Work Permits course is designed to draw the attention of your permit issuing teams to the need to analyze the risks and ensure the safety of all services carried out by subcontractors. This module simulates a confined work environment.
One of the main accident in a confined space is caused by the lack of risks analysis. So that, it is important to analyse carefully the risks in order to take the suitable measures and ensure the safety of the operating workers.
For most people, the possible risk related to bad behavior are understood after having lived it. Indeed, an individual retains 20% of what he heard, and he retains 90% of what he felt. So, with VR your employees confront accident risks related to a bad risks analysis for an operation in a confined space and to a non compliance of safety rules during an operation in a virtual environment. Statistics in real-time are available to identify mistake in order to solve it, ensure the change and work in better conditions
The Work Permits course is designed to promote your company's safety policy and aims to minimize work-related accidents when subcontractors are working. This module applies to the following work permits: fire, work in confined spaces, work at height, excavation work and lockout-tagout procedures.
• Carry out welding work on an industrial site in a confined space with an oxygen leak.
• Learn how to fill in the necessary work permits for this type of procedure and realize how important they are to safety.
• Remain focused and follow the instructions and procedures at the risk of experiencing a simulated accident.
For the company:
• Expose employees to virtual hazardous situations that cannot be simulated in real life.
• Ensure that employees follow procedures.
• Analyze and measure how employees react to such hazardous situations.
• Raise awareness and produce a long-term influence on behavior with virtual reality.
• Any people who need to fill out work permits or ensure that work permits have been filled out correctly.
A Virtual Reality headset such as HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, or Windows Mixed Reality compatible (Samsung Odyssey, Dell Visor, HP Windows Mixed Reality…), connected to a VR Ready PC. With an Internet connection, you can view your reports and update your courses.
Want to find out more?