The Hazard Spotting - Construction site course trains your teams to visually identify any high-risk behavior or situations on a construction site that has been virtually simulated with life-like accuracy. They can also go deeper into their knowledge by answering questions related to the risks they just found in the environment.
On construction sites, co-activity between pedestrians, vehicles and other equipment can be dangerous when safety rules are not respected. Whether it be the misplaced equipment or the pedestrian too close to a gear in operation, the risks are many and severe. Work at height, welding or cutting operations can also cause several risks and it’s important to make sure that the procedures are respected and that the tools are used properly.
This training is part of the training policy of labour inspectors in risk detection, with a view to preventing and reducing accidents at work. About forty risks from OSHA standards are hidden on a construction site. They appear randomly, depending on the duration and difficulty of the exercise. The learner's objective is to identify these hazards and answer questions relating to the identified hazards. A correction at the end of the exercise measures the number of risks detected and reminds the learner of the procedure for undetected risks.
• Identify, assess and prevent high-risk situations while walking through a site featuring a combination of pedestrian and vehicle traffic (trucks and construction vehicles).
• Move about the site by following the safety instructions and procedures.
• Push their knowledge further by answering questions about the identified risks (OSHA standards)
• Experience a virtual simulation of an accident and its consequences.
For the company:
• Train work inspectors to risks identification
• Highlight and reproduce potentially hazardous situations and thereby alert workers to such risks.
• Ensure that employees follow procedures.
• Analyze and measure how employees react to such hazardous situations.
• Reduce the frequency rate of work-related accidents.
• Work inspectors
A HTC Focus 3 virtual reality headset.
Play learn and improve your EHS knowledge.
This workshop is included in the HTC Vive Focus 3 catalog