The VR-based Driving Behavior – Heavy truck course is designed to prevent road hazards and risks. It allows you to check that your teams follow applicable procedures when driving heavy vehicles.
A heavy vehicle driver spends mainly his working time on the road. If an accident occur, the driver is in most cases relatively safe thanks to the vehicle gauge (heavy vehicles drivers killed represent 2% of the dead related to mortal accident on the road) but it is the others drivers’ life which is threatened (the individuals killed in an accident involving a heavy vehicle represent 12% of the death on the road). In France, in 2017, there are 418 people killed in an accident involving a truck according to Statista.com. For this reason, it is important to adopt the good behavior on the road in order to be safe.
For most people, the possible risk related to bad behavior are understood after having lived it. Indeed, an individual retains 20% of what he heard, and he retains 90% of what he felt. So, with VR your employees confront road-risk related to a bad behavior in a virtual environment. Statistics in real-time are available to identify mistake in order to solve it, ensure the change and work in better conditions.
The aim of this exercise is to raise driver awareness about road risks related to a bad behavior.
• Identify, evaluate and avoid high-risk situations when driving a heavy vehicle as part of a simulation featuring various hazardous situations, such as using a phone, blind spots, braking distances and driving at night.
• Move about the site by following the safety instructions and procedures.
• Experience a virtual simulation of an accident and its consequences.
For the company:
• Highlight and reproduce potentially hazardous situations and thereby alert employees to such risks.
• Ensure that employees follow procedures when driving.
• Analyze and measure how employees react to such hazardous situations.
• Raise awareness and produce a long-term influence on behavior with virtual reality.
• All employees who are required to drive a heavy vehicle as part of their job
A standalone VR headset. With an Internet connection, you can view your reports and update your courses.
Want to find out more?
Leave us contact details and the Immersive Factory team will call you back
Play learn and improve your EHS knowledge.